Friday 12 April 2013

Sadly missed - the Caravan Buyers Guide

When I was looking to buy my caravan I stumbled upon a really helpful website - the Caravan Buyers Guide. It had a useful article on how to check over a used van, complete with pictures, which I printed out and took with me on viewings. It also had a forum where newbies like myself could ask questions and get them answered by the old hands. It was a very friendly and helpful online community which I quickly came to appreciate. I logged in most nights to see if there were any new posts - it just became part of my online life. I posted pictures and comments on my caravan holidays, knowing that others would be interested, as I was in their holidays. Then one day, earlier this year, I clicked on the link and got redirected to a search page. The site had vanished and with it, all my online friends. I realised that I had no way of contacting any of them apart from through the site. Gone were pals like Goldcrest, Abbey Aventura, Geordie Lass and Ephalump, not to mention Deepee and the site moderator Captain Opt. Perhaps I should have realised that something was amiss when the picture at the top of the site had not changed for months and Captain Opt had not posted for a while. I do hope that he's OK but there's no way I can find out. So, if there is anyone out there who was on the site, do please send me a tweet. (The twitter link is on the right hand side.) I'd love to hear from you.
RosecamDriving Smiley

PS. The golden caravan icon is from the Caravan Buyers website - apologies for pinching it. I'm just hoping some of you will recognise it and get in touch. I keep the windscreen stickers in my car and caravan for the same reason!